Thursday, July 08, 2004

will lay trial bleed on bush?

When I heard Ken Lay's defense this morning--"no one told me"--it sounded reminiscent of Bush's defense--"CIA lied to me".

Will the Lay trial begin before the November elections? If so, I wonder what affect it might have on people's perceptions of the Bush administration's record? As the media continues its skeptical commentary about Lay's justifications, will that perception bleed over into perceptions about Bush?

The fact that Bush/Cheney continue to push the superiority and general goodness of businessmen (over lower life forms like trial lawyers and career politicians) may also suffer as the most high profile and hated businessman airs his dirty laundry.

I've been trying to find out the timeline for the Lay trial, and have found no clues. Anyone out there know?